Search This Blog

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Poet in love


Shall I compare thee to the moon?

Serene as an infant

Mild as the dew that falls from leaves

But no; for even moon veils herself

Behind the shadows

Shamed by the radiance,

Radiance of the

Enigma that surrounds you

Let it fascinate me

Let the gods be intoxicated

Let the misery befall upon them

For they are no mortals

To be beside you

May the angels envy

The beauty that conspire thee

May the angels conceal themselves

Before you; May they crave

Crave the grandeur you possess

Unreachable you are

But I still hope

Untouchable you are

But I still wish

For I am but a firefly

A firefly in love with the light

Flames of a candle

Knowing it shall be the end

But to get closer I must

For you are the lines

Lines of my unfinished poem

Poet I am; Poem you shall be mine

Poet I am; A Poet In Love

No comments:

Post a Comment