Search This Blog

Friday, March 19, 2010

Black and White

Life is black and sometimes white

Is what I’ve known in weak and might

But then at the end I saw the light

That life is not always black and white


Life is not always black and white

And not every man realizes its plight

At first one might think he’s right

In the end he’ll realize he’s all but right


And here I am helpless but still alive

Striving to find those thoughts I once declined

To find those colors that never aligned

To grasp the world in its clear mind


I remember the days before, the days I used to slay

Heartless killer they called me, for behind me the dead lay

Oh! How I strived to keep my murderous dreams at bay

But as if a frenzy, I only see the sword in my hand play


I’m an artist; art I create on my foe with red

Am I not gifted? For I stand while they lie smothered in red

I’m a musician; my music is where my sword is met

This is my symphony, for my enemy that l brought death


The silky night dawns for us to breathe again

Fear subdued the caged as their eyes led pain

Slowly they rose, with hate running through their veins

May be not today they prey, though they know in vain


Its pity how these creatures struggle for a single night

Kicking, punching and cursing hoping that it might,

Hoping that it might save them from beast, perhaps tonight

As with every creature it’ll be a long night of taming, tonight


It’s the sweet fragrance, the scarlet color that I craved

Not glory nor riches, like others have me enslaved

Even if the Greeks fell and the Trojans are to be saved

I’d still be slaughtering all that’ll stand for earth to be paved


But Troy fell on one moonless night and Greeks stormed in

And I killed and I slew all I can, not knowing what it might win

An arrow was aimed and sang to me, as my armor took it in

As it sang its final “tidings from Hedes for you I bring”


I heard a silent sigh beside me, as I turned around

To find a man who I thought I killed without any doubt

He was a priest and what he said left me astound

For I finally understood all that had me bound


“I am man of god; devoted to all good that man can see

And you as I heard as merciless as a man can ever be

If I am to be pure as white, dark as black you should be

If white and black are only, how dead can we be? “


“Son life is not always black and white

There are many hidden beyond our sight”

And he fell with those words from his plight

I will soon follow, for now I finally see the light

No comments:

Post a Comment